Saturday, January 27, 2018

It's an Honor

I love all reviews - my heart kicks up in a flurry of excitement every time I see a new review. A review tells me my work has touched a reader in some way - that I have done for someone else what books have been doing for me my whole life. I especially love reviews where the reader hits upon EXACTLY what I was trying to do when I wrote the book. Today's review of Queen of the Universe does exactly that. "Realistic characters in engaging situations..." YES! Like in my all-time favorite romcom movie Tootsie, I try to take characters with relatable emotional responses and place them in situations that are sometimes zany, sometimes wacky, sometimes poignant, always heartfelt. Thank you to every reader who has ever left a review for me or for some other author who brought you joy. Cherish is the word I use to describe ...


No comments:

Post a Comment