Sunday, December 15, 2013

Mmmrrh...

Mmmrrh.... . . you know, that sound you make when biting into the most succulent piece of peanut buttery chocolate, or when you see an incredibly hot guy and you know you’ll never have him, or when you see the totally cutest little dog ever.

Mmmrrh . . . I live for that sound. More precisely, I live for those moments that create that sound – those drops of life that land on my skin and make me hurt, make me cry, make me tingle, make me feel. They pull me down and touch a core of pure sensation, if only for a few seconds.  But these seconds are too often scattered by the whirlwind pace of frenetic life. 

Moments of mmmrrh... flutter all around us everyday.  We just need to stop, notice, and appreciate.

-Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...

-Crashing into someone's cart at Big Lots 2 weeks before Christmas. Could have turned into a macing or knifing, right? But we just  just apologized and smiled at each other with a sense of rueful conspiracy, a la Laverne and Shirley. 

-Seeing the bottom half of the moon. It was late, I was exhausted, and my car was chugging down the freeway. And there it was. The golden orange bottom half of the moon. I guess cloud cover made it look that way, but it really was the coolest view of the moon.

-Forgiving the NY Giants  for their phoned-in season all because punter Steve Weatherford tweeted Happy Birthday to a fan just because that fan asked him to in a tweet of his own.

 These are random drops of mmmruh... Moments that cut right to the essence of love, trust, compassion, understanding, nobility. Moments that I savor in life. Moments that I crave when I’m reading. Moments that I strive to evoke in my writing.

If I can recognize these moments, find these moments, access these moments, re-create these moments – but most of all, remember these moments and the way they make me feel – mmmrrh... what a wonderful world it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment